The Aicok slow masticating juicer is one of the lowest priced models we reviewed, however, it easily outperforms some models in a higher price bracket. The juicer itself is very low-maintenance and easy to clean and handles leafy greens impressively well. However, it did fall a little short when it came to dealing with softer fruits, such as bananas. Overall, it definitely performed better than we expected, which isn’t much of a surprise considering it’s one of Aicok’s top-selling models.
As you can see, while this machine does tend to struggle at times when juicing softer fruits and veggies, it’s definitely tough enough to handle leafy greens. Keep on reading to learn exactly what makes this model a steal for the price.
Overview and Features
Many people mistakenly believe that juicing alone can help them to miraculously lose weight. While juicing can’t help you drop twenty pounds overnight, it can make a significant improvement in your general health. Everyone knows for healthy living, a balanced diet is essential. Unlike blending veggies or eating whole fruits, using a juicer will remove a high percentage of fiber from your food, which can help to prevent you from feeling bloated. Additionally, juicing with this machine can provide major benefits over commercially produced, ready-made fresh juices. Most commercially produced juice contains an excessive amount of preservatives and sugars in order to make the juice taste pleasant. These drinks also contain far less juice than the manufacturers lead you to believe.
So, if you’re looking for a way to make major changes to your diet for the better, then this Aicok juicer can be a big step in the right direction.
In terms of quality and performance this model scored better than our other top-rated masticating juicer, the Omega NC800HDS juice extractor. This juicer is much easier to clean and offers a higher juice yield, while the Omega juicer has the advantage in terms of the types of produce it can handle. This Aicok does well with leafy greens, but there’s a noticeable dip in performance when dealing with softer fruit.
The juicer operates with eighty RPMs and one hundred and fifty watts. Since this is a masticating juicer, you can expect a slower extraction process. However, this method helps to reduce foam and prevents clogging. The use of an auger prevents the oxidation of fruits and veggies that is caused by heat generated by fast-moving blades that are utilized in centrifugal juicers. This cold pressed juicer will crush and tear up the fruits and veggies in order to extract the juice. While the process is noticeably longer, the juice it produces is loaded with a higher content of vitamins, minerals, and enzymes. Using low speed technology, this juicer produces juice that features a higher nutritional value, retaining the healthy enzymes in the juice.
Use the reverse function if you ever find the juicer struggling during the extraction process. If the juicer begins to feel hot or you notice that it’s having trouble tearing up fruits or veggies, push the reverse button to cause the auger system to run in reverse and break free of the material.
The pulp ejection function is automatic. This means you won’t periodically have to stop to remove the pulp from the juicing bowl. Instead, it will shoot out of the machine automatically to prevent clogs.
Juicing in general offers plenty of health benefits, but there are some models of masticating juicers out there that offer a whole new type of juicing experience that will encourage you to get up early in the morning and take that first step toward making healthier food choices. This model by Aicok is one of those juicers.
- Compared to centrifugal juicers, this model is able to extract more minerals, enzymes, and vitamins from fruits and veggies, a huge plus if you’re looking for a juicer that can provide the most nutrient rich juice possible. The juicer’s low rate of eighty RPMs results in less oxidation and foam, which means you won’t have to worry about heat buildup or clogs.
- Right away, you’ll notice there’s something different about this juicer. With lower-quality juicing machines, the pulp that’s left behind is often wet and dripping with juice. The pulp that’s produced by this machine is very dry, which means the juicer is squeezing as much juice out of the fruits and veggies as possible.
- In terms of ease of use, this model really excels. The juicing process itself is fairly automatic. Cleanup and routine maintenance is also a breeze since most of the parts are removable and dishwasher safe. The intuitive design and basic controls will give you every reason to experiment and try out simple juicing recipes for beginners.
- This model uses cold press technology, which is what allows it to deliver a better quality of juice that’s loaded with nutrients including a high vitamin, enzyme, and mineral content. This style of juicer is a great choice if you’re looking for a juicer you can rely on for daily use. As the name suggests, the juicing process is a slow one, since it runs on a slower speed. Since there’s a lack of heat applied during the process, you can expect the juice to last for a period of two to three days.
- This is a multipurpose model, which means it’s able to extract a variety of fruit and veggie juices from leafy greens, oranges, apples, wheatgrass, ginger, celery, and much more. This ability makes this a very versatile machine and one that you can really rely on.
- The fact that it’s virtually silent running is also a huge selling point.
As you can see, using this masticating juicer comes with plenty of benefits and with consistent daily use, you’ll quickly begin to notice some significant changes in your health, energy level, and even the way you look and feel.
This juicer is the perfect gateway into the world of juicing. Set up and clean up are simple, making this model very beginner-friendly. Aside from it’s low price which actually undercuts many other models of masticating juicers, this model provides a comparable juice yield.
Its compact design makes the juicer a great choice for small kitchens, especially those that have limited worktops. While a smaller design means you will have to spend more time prepping the fruits and veggies, cutting them into more manageable pieces, this appliance is still able to easily handle tougher materials such as ginger and carrots. The juicer’s built-in two second delay is designed with safety in mind, giving you more than enough time to place the fruits and veggies inside the chute before the extraction process begins.
When it comes to choosing the best cold press juicer, this model by Aicok is one of, if not the leading affordable masticating juicer currently on the market. While it’s definitely an entry-level juicer, it’s designed to provide you with all the benefits of home juicing for a fraction of the price you can expect to pay for top competing models.
Advantages and Disadvantages
- Auto pulp ejection
- Reduced oxidation
- Higher juice yield
- Juice produced has a longer fridge life.
- Good quality for the price
- Struggles to juice softer fruits and veggies.
This juicer features a lightweight, compact design that can save some serious counter space. Aside from it’s smaller size, it also operates at a lower volume, so you can run the juicer any time of the day or night, thanks to its sixty decibel noise cap.
The juicer is a solid performer and can easily handle a larger range of fruits and veggies. While it does a great job of juicing leafy green veggies, it does experience some sluggishness and a slight dip in performance when dealing with berries, oranges and bananas. Fortunately, the reverse button will allow you to quickly reverse the auger’s action should you notice it’s running slower than usual or having a difficult time with a certain type of produce. Overall, this juicer has what it takes to consistently produce nutrient dense, flavor packed juice that the whole family can appreciate. We gave this model a rating of four and a half out of five stars.